When to Come
On Sundays, Good Shepherd has two services: Good Shepherd Traditional (9AM) and Good Shepherd Modern (11AM).
On Wednesday nights during the school year, Good Shepherd has a family meal starting at 5:30 PM. Bible studies, choirs and children's programs begin at 6:30 PM. For more information about Wednesday nights, click here.
How to Get Here
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church is located on the southwest corner of Vance Ave and Reed Rd in Fort Wayne, IN just south of Snider High School. There are parking lot entrances on both Vance and Reed.
4700 Vance Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
Where to Go Once You're Here
If you are coming on a Sunday, enter through door 1 or door 2 (both doors are located on the west side of the building). The Worship Center will be directly in front of you when you enter through one of these doors. Of course, you'll also want to stop by the SonRise Cafe to snag a coffee, munch on a doughnut and meet some new people. The SonRise Cafe is located in Raasch Hall which is just down the hall from the Worship Center.
If you're a visitor, stop by the Welcome Center located just inside door 2 and pick up a welcome folder and loaf of homemade bread! Feel free to ask the Welcome Center volunteers any questions you may have!
What to Expect
Sunday morning worship experiences at Good Shepherd bring together elements of the traditional, casual and praise styles of worship and a foundation of biblical preaching all joined together with a welcoming atmosphere for any worship preference. Included regularly are offerings from vocal and instrumental ensembles, vocal and handbell choirs of all ages, and other artistic expressions of drama, dance and visual art.
Good Shepherd is a congregation...
- open to all people - just as you are!
- committed to building strong, confident Christians able to live life victoriously in the real world.
- concerned with ministry to social issues in our community and seeking to find effective avenues of involvement.
- engaged in mission outreach throughout the world through the United Methodist Board of Global Ministries.
- focused on Bible based teaching – interpreting faith through Scripture, Reason, Experience, Tradition.