Good Shepherd United Methodist Church Employment Opportunities
Youth Ministry Intern
We are seeking a college student Youth Ministry intern who is actively working toward a degree, preferably in a ministry-related field. Candidates must be 18 years or older, have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and be willing to continue to mature in his/her faith while promoting growth and deepening faith in the youth.
This part-time paid internship will occur during the 2018-2019 school year, beginning September 1st and ending June 30th. The exact dates are negotiable. The position includes a minimum of 5 hours of work per week at the church on planning and reaching out to youth. A minimum of another 2 hours per week is to be spent volunteering with either the High School or Middle School youth group.
Send cover letter and resume to Youth Minister Zac Schwartz.
Answer the following questions:
- Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Why do you want to work with youth?
- What previous experience do you have working with youth?
- What special gifts do you have and how can those gifts help you working with youth?
- What is your preference for start and end date for this program?